Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Falling into Place...

I apologize that this post has no photos, but there will be some to come! Promise! Just wanted to update everyone with the recent happenings in my life. It has been officially one week since I've moved to Ann Arbor and I've been job hunting like crazy! I'm pretty sure half of Ann Arbor has my resume in their hands...haha. But it paid off because I am officially employed at Arbor Brewing Co. As of Monday I accepted a serving position at the local BrewPub and started training as of yesterday! The restaurant and pub brews their own beer in our facility and sells it locally in Ann Arbor. As I continue to hunt down a teaching/education related job I wanted to start something part time. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about Ann Arbor's restaurant industry! I love going out to eat and trying new places so I'm sure I'll get the scoop of some good stops through co-workers and word of mouth.

Our apartment is finally coming together! I'll post pictures shortly...unfortunately my USB cable for my camera was lost in the move so I'm still trying to hunt it down! I went for a 5 mile walk/run today and explored the University of Michigan stadium and athletic facilities. I was blown away by their facilities....similar to Madison their stadium is surrounded by their field house, softball field, practice fields, etc. After I continued on my run I stopped at the local grocery store to pick up a few items. I also stopped by Great Harvest Bread Co! This is going to be without a doubt my new go to for fresh bread. Upon walking in I was offered a slice of any fresh bread on display. I fell in love with their Nine Oat Whole Wheat loaf with mimosa jam! Can't wait to dig into it tomorrow morning.

Again, I'll post pictures as soon as I find that dang cord! I gotta get ready for my second day of training at the pub. Hope everyone has a great night and I'll be in touch soon :)

<3 K

No comments:

Post a Comment