Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Asian Slaw

Today was Asian Slaw making day!!!! My friend Mandy made his slaw this past winter and I fell in love with it. I found the recipe while exploring Pinterest over the weekend and decided to try it. I adapted the recipe here and there, but overall it turned out fantastic!

First I made the peanut dressing which was really straight forward and easy.

You'll need:

¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil...about an 1/8 cup)
¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar*
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil (I didn't have this so I wasn't able to include it...still tasted great!)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce (I used 1 1/2 teaspoon..I like SPICY)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove, minced


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl ......


Stir until consistency is smooth and peanut butter is fully mixed in. I used a whisk to assist with this.


In another large bowl mix all of the slaw ingredients. For the slaw mixture you'll need:

4 cups prepared shredded coleslaw (I used 5 cups)
2 cups prepared shredded carrots (I used 3 cups)
1 red pepper, thinly sliced into bite size pieces
1 cup pre-cooked, shelled edamame (available fresh or frozen)
2 medium scallions, finely chopped
½ cup chopped salted peanuts (I didn't have peanuts..adds great flavor if you have them!)
½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro

Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl and top with dressing.


Mix slaw and dressing slowly...no need to over stir. Let the slaw marinate overnight in the fridge for best flavor! *Add more or less of seasoning depending on your taste...I ended up adding more soy sauce.


This recipe makes about 6-7 servings so be prepared for lots of slaw! I may or may not have had some for breakfast this morning.....I couldn't wait for lunch! Hope you enjoy...let me know what you think.

Now off to do some reading, cleaning, and finish the afternoon with a nice run. Looks like its going to be a gorgeous day here :)

<3 K

No comments:

Post a Comment