Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kerrytown Adventures

Good Morning All! So happy to wake up to another bright and sunny day! Yesterday I had the day off and took the opportunity to hit up a local tea/coffee shop in Kerrytown to read and eat lunch. Kerrytown is a small section in Downtown Ann Arbor that houses the local farmers market and shops. In a way it reminds me a lot of the third ward in Milwaukee. I found Ann Arbor's food co-op, tea haus, indoor farmers market, and thrift shops!


As I stated in yesterday's post I'm totally hooked to the last book, Mockingjay, of the Hunger Games Series. I started of my day at Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea Shop reading. The venue was nice and quiet..before I knew it I had been reading for over an hour and a half. I'm telling ya, you gotta read these books!

I decided to munch on a salad for lunch. I walked over to the indoor market and found a great sandwich and salad stand. The sun was out and the weather was really nice so I decided to eat outside and people watch.

Lunch was delicious! My salad had lots of veggies including grilled onion and peppers with goat cheese! After some more reading and eating I ventured into the market to check out some of the local shops. I ended up finding a wine shop, spice store, vinegar/oil distillery, vintage clothing, and a kitchen supply store!

I kind of went nuts in this store! I found so many gadgets and baking supplies....completetly not in my budget right now, but its always fun to dream. I finished up my afternoon by walking to the local "Treasure Mart." I know my Aunt Cherie would be proud of this stop. This local antique and thrift mart is full of furniture, books, dishes, decor, etc. Unfortunately my parking meter was running low so I wasn't able to stay long, but I have all intentions of going back and exploring. (GOOD PLACE TO GO WITH MOM, CHERIE, GRANDMA, AND DIANA WHEN THEY VISIT..HINT HINT)

Considered bringing home the pink furniture....not sure how Kyler would have felt about it though....haha

Overall I had a really great day! I was able to finish my evening with a run, home cooked meal, and Modern Family! I also received an email back for a part-time summer teaching opportunity..it is sounding pretty promising :) Yay! Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment