Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pure Michigan

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! I thought I'd take this hour before work to check in with everyone and fill you all in on what has been happening in my life the past couple of weeks. I've recently taken on two part-time tutoring jobs for local families here in the Ann Arbor community. One of the boys is in 7th grade and has been testing me on my math skills, while the other is fifth grade and is being home-schooled. I've taken on the role of his English teacher which has been a great experience so far! Between work and tutoring Kyler and I have been spending time at some of the local trails running, investigating some of the local cafes and coffee shops, and cooking up a storm! Lately we have been cooking a lot of fish and shrimp dishes...Kyler has mastered a spicy shrimp dish that we have already made 4-5 times (recipe soon to come!) The pictures below include Coconut Crusted Tilapia with Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Veggies, as well as, Blackened Catfish with Mashed Cauliflower and Steamed Asparagus/Broccoli.

Last week my parents took Thursday and Friday off to visit. Luckily the weather shaped up around here so we took advantage of the warm temperatures and did some site seeing! We had a blast checking out some of Northern Ann Arbor on Thursday, as well as, checking out Arbor Brewing Co! Later in the evening we dined at Mani's for pizza and appetizers! On Friday we decided to bum around town, stop in at some shops, and travel to Yipsilanti, MI to visit Corner Brewery. Corner is the sister Brewery to Arbor and I had been wanting to check out the venue for awhile. It turned out to be a blast! We all tried new beers that Arbor doesn't carry and attempted a game of chess. Overall, it was so great to see my parents and have them visit! So glad they could make it!
   Kyler was kind enough to purchase a liter for himself and the smallest mug for me!

This past week has been busy busy! Sunday I had a work outing with the Brewery. The owners take a yearly outing with all of the staff to some of the local microbreweries in the area: Bells, Arcadia, and Dark Horse. Ultimately it was a long Sunday Funday full of bus riding, brewery tours, frisbee, and drinking. It was a great day, but definitely made work on Monday a lonnnnnggg one!

    The crew @ Black Horse Brewery! Best Blueberry Stout Ever!
Now I'm just getting all packed up for a weekend at home! Kyler and I are heading back to Madison on Friday to celebrate Nina and Brad's Wedding and both of our birthdays. We are both really looking forward to seeing lots of family and friends- can't wait!











No comments:

Post a Comment